Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flashes!

Well, I told you I would update you on my flash shopping experience. I had no idea where to start...what kind of flash do I need? Frankly, I just didn't know. So, I went back to my trusty professionals to get their input. The ones I asked were very helpful...if I used a Cannon. I'm a Nikon girl. So, my second advisory board came from my Facebook friends who commented on my status asking for any Nikon flash recommendations. I had a couple friends suggest I start with the Nikon SB-600 or SB-800. I wanted to search for a used one.
The sights I started looking where...
KEH
B&H (This is where I bought my Nikon D70 used for a little under $500...What a deal!!)
&
Adorama
No luck. I couldn't find any used SB-600 or 800's and the new ones I found were more that I wanted to pay at this time.
I got a bit discouraged and just thought I would have to start putting money aside bit by bit to save up for one. That is until one day I decided to check Amazon.com.

Low and behold...they had a Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash pretty close to my budget!!
My Bday isn't until next month, so I am going to wait until then to purchase it! Can't wait to start experimenting with it!!

Until I get my flash...

here are some pictures I took on my son at the park one day. We got there so early we had to whole park to ourselves. He had a blast.

Enjoy!!!
shutter-happy,
Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment